Friday, April 8, 2016

A Doodle Poem...

PAD Challenge day 8: For today’s prompt, write a doodle poem. In my mind, I’m thinking of how I like to doodle when I’m talking on the phone or sitting in a meeting. I used to doodle in my classes when I was younger. So for a poem, I’m thinking this could start off as something small that stays small or builds to epic proportions. Doodle around a bit today. If needed, start by describing something close at hand or within your current field of vision.

 I drew my inspiration for 'doodling' from Robert's opening comments today:)



'Just show up', he said, 
So I did, 
Stood on the snow-dusted April bridge
(or was it a stepping-stone)
ah well, 
sometimes it isn't easy to tell
where hello and farewell 
eddy and swirl
in steady arrival 
stealing yesterday's girl
and startling her 
starry-eyed gaze
with ways 
of 'yes' and 'no'
that turn into days
that turn into seasons
that soon season tears
with bobble of blue-bell
and daffodil cheers
...a fleet of petals
on a sea of years
where a new day smiles
and beguiles the heart
to start again
...ere the work of art
that eddies and swirls
through the skin of dreams
drains the last drop
and stoppers the streams
where even 
the most robust 
or fair
are
winnowed 
to 
whispers
upon 
the 
air...


Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!