Friday, November 29, 2013

Thursday Thoughts...on Friday



To labor is sweet and its task no rod
When done through, by and for
Our God

***

May thankfulness not be to me
Something to munch upon
Lest I stop singing joyfully
When the last crumb is gone
But may it be a humble song
In all that life imparts
May praise be more than words of tongue
But measures of the heart

***

Blow, little breeze, though the birds are all gone
And morning is starched silencing
Winter, in all its white bliss will move on
Bird-song will return in the spring

***

My daughter likes to tell me
In her wisest, weary tone
Not everything in life composes
Parable or poem
Someday, I pray she’ll ponder
An echo from her past
And realize that poetry
Spins every stitch we cast
And Providence will use
Life’s meekest, ordinary things
To weave lessons Eternal
With Time’s temporary strings

***

The pulsing heart, the warmth of flesh
Is one half-breath
From present-death
Then we will see The Great Unseen
There is no ‘somewhere in-between’

***

The utter silence of the night
Should render not a thing to hear
But longing has an appetite
And silence has a hungry ear

***

There’s something ‘bout the gentle glow
Of midnight moonlight on the snow  
It seemed to me the way it shone
That Heaven left its porch-light on

***
Oh, sweet and blessed truth
When all my storms are braved
He will not judge me by my guilt
It is by grace I’m saved

***

Do not stand idle long
But just to hear the song
Of Nature’s praise and Heaven’s grace
Do not stand idle long

***

I must go
The night has bent
Tomorrow to today
And soon the little night that’s left
Will softly melt away

***

Thursday Thoughts landed on Friday, it seems
Goodnight and sweet dreams…

Janet~



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!