Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Of Sorrow and Sovereignty





Down the road in a bed for two she sleeps, when she can
Alone
Somehow, on a night like this when I hear the wind grovel
And moan
I think that lonely is lonelier and the dark night darker
…more cold
And I think of that widow who wonders how she will bear her grief
Until she is old
Then, I shed a tear and plead to One who knows each sorrow
And each grief
And I pray that somehow He will hold her now and let her
Find relief

© Janet Martin

Please, if you care, pray for this widow with a large family. Often I think of her, but even more so when the wind is screaming and tearing at the night.

Isa. 61 begins with the good tidings of salvation...
 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, Because the LORD has anointed me To bring good news to the afflicted; He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to captives And freedom to prisoners; To proclaim the favorable year of the LORD And the day of vengeance of our God; To comfort all who mourn,…Isa.61:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!