Thursday, November 7, 2013

Keep Me, Gentle Shepherd

 

Lead me, gentle Shepherd, lead me
This old world is stark and harsh
If I trust in my vain senses
I will perish in its marsh

Help me, Gentle Shepherd, help me
Such a fumbling fool am I
When my feet would follow sinners
Point me to Heaven’s sweet sky

Feed me, gentle Shepherd, feed me
Fill the hunger in my soul
Be my Living Bread and Water
For none else can make me whole

Hold me, gentle Shepherd, hold me
Lest by pride I am deceived
And persuaded thus to wander
From the Promise I believed

Keep me, gentle Shepherd keep me
Place Your peace within my fear
Then, when demons try and test me
I will feel Your presence near

© Janet Martin

I searched out this verse today...

He will feed His flock like a shepherd; He will gather the lambs with His arm, And carry them in His bosom, And gently lead those who are with young. Isa. 40:11

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful poem, Janet. So gentle and comforting.

    And I too love that verse from Isa 40:11. Don't you just feel his tenderness when you read how he gently leads those who are with young. So protective and ever aware of the needs of others.

    You blessed me!

    Thank you...
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!