Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Two-for-Two Tuesdays





  1. Write a gathering poem.
  2. Write a letting go poem.


When we danced
The summer night
Gathered us close
And Time was that noose
For the faint of heart
And those bent on letting go…
But summer is ever the harbinger
Of Autumn’s relinquishment
And the forward march of moments
Drawing us to its end...

J~

The far-away nearness
of you
urges me forward
while the past
falls away
into expanding
nothingness

How can nothing
Throb with such
echoes
and sighs
and whispers
of
‘this is not
good-bye’?


© Janet Martin

2 comments:

  1. Janet, it's been too long since I've been to visit and to bask in beautiful word combinations that only you can create.

    Beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda,

    Thank-you for dropping by:)...as for the 'too long'. don't worry! I understand.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!