Monday, November 26, 2012

My Heart-art Collection

Poetics Aside Prompt: Write a poem about something you collect (or would collect if you could).





I collect original pieces of art
Displayed in galleries of my heart

I’ve seen the color of love’s soft sigh
Blend with tears of hello and good-bye

I’ve kept the bittersweet, beautiful ache
That only the pigment of love can make

I seal the echo of summer’s faint call
Where oceans of memory rise and fall

The spectrum of love’s vast and vivid display
Steals both my breath and my years away

Oh can't you hear that plaintive chant?
Of moments as they lilt and dance

...tuning the corridors of the heart
As we marvel at love's treasured works of art

© Janet Martin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!