Friday, July 27, 2012

Simple Pleasures




There are many pleasures
This world would suggest
But I love the measure
Of simple things best

I love the reprieve
Of a garden nook
With a cup of tea
And a poetry book

I love to yield
To guilt-free temptation
Strolling a field
On a mini-vacation

…beneath blue-sky canvas
Of cotton-tuft art
While sun-flower glances
Soften my heart

I love the music
Of walnut tree sighs
Etched in perfection
Against summer skies

Of all the fine pleasures
This world would suggest
I love the measure
Of its simple things best

© Janet Martin




2 comments:

  1. This brought a smile to my face as it reminded me of the very first poem I wrote way back in 1970, "I enjoy simple things". Yours being so much better but the message is mostly the same. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eery so often i need to write a 'Simple things' poem...e reminder to really see them, when the un-simple attempts to take over:)

    Thank-you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!