Wednesday, May 22, 2019

May Morning Melody




New morning spreads its fledgling wings,
Alighting on Time’s teeming tress
And from its perch of heaven sings
A hymn of hope and happiness

Where in the thick of highs and lows
And faith-lings learning how to fly
The beauty of God’s love bestows
A launch-pad to another try

For if He gave what we deserve 
Alas, what dread each day would be
But from yon fair and eastward curve
Grace authors morn's new melody

So raise the roof of sun and cloud
With ancient hymns of humble trust
For Mercy’s providence endowed
His proof once more to likes of us

© Janet Martin

 But I will sing of your strength, 
in the morning I will sing of your love; 
for you are my fortress, 
my refuge in times of trouble.

Ps.59:16



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!