Friday, May 3, 2019

Ah, April


Sorry for the unplanned hiatus!
Our internet is  'half' back.

It's blinking on and off while I'm trying to post this 
so if silence returns to the Porch that's why...
Here is a poem I wrote to bid April farewell




Ah, when we met you wore a threadbare robe of russet-gray
Now, when we part, your garb of green nigh-steals my breath away
Somewhere, my dear, between hello and farewell’s beating wing
You broke the seal that held at bay the bud bursting with spring

Ah, you were such a weather-beaten beggar when you came
Now heads are turning, hearts are burning with hope’s flower-fame
Ah, April, seems that you deserve more credit than you get
Where your ground-breaking, soul-awakening is wild and wet

Ah, artist’s overlook you in their ‘Magnus Opus’ Quest
But there is something about you that outshines all the rest
Where, dressed in modest Duty, kind, you tend to nature’s tasks
Showcasing spring’s stark Beauty before blossom breaks bud’s flasks

Ah, April, you’re a looker, in case no one tells you so
I fall in love with you and could not bear to see you go
Save for the flora-bundance poised like joy-banners unfurled
Because of you, the trail-blazer to every summer’s world

© Janet Martin



1 comment:

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!