Monday, March 28, 2016

Ancient Revelation...



 Some days we struggle to accept the New View...
What has been is what will be,
    and what has been done is what will be done,
    and there is nothing new under the sun.
Eccles. 1:9

It is nothing new
This rise and shine
And toil and weep
And grin and share it
With the rest
Before we lay us
Down to sleep
And it is nothing new, the test
That tries the Thing
We thought we knew
Then realize
With humble sighs
And eyes, the wiser
For the view
Soft-rearranged
And changed because
The hand of time
Is never still
Where nothing new
Stuns me and you
With arguments
Of want and will
Because we are
Prone to the laws
Of human nature’s
Ancient ways
Where nothing new returns
Save gauze that
Holds the gift
Of a new day

© Janet Martin

 
another beautiful version of this song here

3 comments:

  1. Can't thank you enough for introducing me to Naturally Seven. My husband has been listening to their online music over and over again today. Amazing use of their voices. We have heard acapella trumpet and drums, but never electric guitar (Fix You). Be Still My Soul is one of my favorite hymns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a craving to hear the song Be Still, my Soul so I searched YouTube and found this group. Oh, I'm so glad you enjoyed them! I love them too!!You have a good ear:) I didn't pick up on the instrument sound until I listened again. Sometimes as life is swamped with new unknowns it behooves us to be still and remember the Lord is on our side!

      Delete
    2. BTW readers, here is the link for FIX You

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mxjmti325o

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!