Tuesday, March 30, 2010

You Still Do


I wasn’t expecting you
To sweep me off my feet
I didn’t know the color blue
Could melt flesh and blood
But when you looked at me that way
The earth trembled, and I knew
You could light a fire in me
And darling, you still do

I wasn’t expecting you
To move across the floor
And wrap me in your gaze so blue
As we danced through love’s door
But before our fingers met
Deep inside I knew
In your hand you held my heart
And darling, you still do

I wasn’t expecting you
As laughter turned to tears
And sorrow breathed upon the hearth
Of tender, fleeting years
I wasn’t expecting you to be
The one who still would move
The trembling earth beneath my feet
But darling, you still do

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!