Wednesday, March 31, 2010

If It's Not Love


They tell me you can take a trip around the world
By looking deep into your sparkling eyes
But I am no longer just a girl
And there’s one thing I’ve come to realize….

There’s something called temptation
There is lust, infatuation
There is romance and a dreamy fantasy
There is fire and there is passion
There is fond and warm affection
But if it’s not love
It will never be
Enough for me

It’s easy to love in a stirring melody
Dancing on a dream of silver-grey
But love is not fleeting intimacy
Dying when the music fades away

There is longing, there’s desire
There is instant raging fire
There is yearning for a rapturous ecstasy
There is sentimental feeling
There’s the urge that leaves you reeling
But if it’s not love
It will never be
Enough for me

Love keeps giving even through the hurting
Love keeps dancing even through the pain
Love is faithful, love is not deserting
Love endures the sunshine and the rain

There is honor, there is treasure
Past the momentary pleasure
There’s determination and there’s loyalty
There is kind, tender compassion
Even when it’s not in fashion
But if it’s love
It will always be
Enough for me

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!