Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Beneath It All



In life’s uncertainties,

when I close my eyes

and envision His nail-scarred hands

beneath each situation

it helps me trust…



Beneath the ebb and flow of hold-let-go, the stilly sweep
Of moments, days and years that pass into that long, last deep
Beneath Uncertainty and all we cannot know or see
The hands that bore the nails abide to carry you and me

I want for naught but to remember what I easily forget
That, though I have no answers God, our God is faithful yet
Beneath life’s laughter-tear-faith-fear Unknown I'm glad to know
The hands that bore the nails abide and never let us go

© Janet Martin

2 comments:

  1. Dear Janet, your words are like a balm to my soul this morning. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!