Thank-you everyone for your beautiful thoughts, messages, cards,
gifts and prayers this week. Deeply treasured!
I'm not sure if the two-year mark will close the collection of Dear Lucy poems,
but it perhaps might...to everything there is a season.
Yesterday both Lucy and her husband's sisters and sister-in-laws gathered
at their place to work and remember Lucy again, and touch the plants she planted
and fall-clean the home she poured such happiness and love into,
and to bless and encourage her family in a very practical way.
This motto in the laundry room reminded me of an important part in grief's journey...
Though it may be speaking of flowers it applies to life's garden as well,
don't you think??
To let go of grief is not to let go of the loved one we miss
(sometimes it can feel that way)
but, to try to cherish more intentionally, humbly, and fully the time/life we still have.
When I wrote today's poem a week or two ago I thought it would be the one
to share yesterday, but it turned out not to be.
Instead it will close out 'the week of' with tender reflection and love 🙏
Dear Lucy,
I'll never forget that solemn occasion
When loved ones gathered, to lay you to rest
When hearts grief-shattered yet cheered by salvation
Were comforted thus, in sorrow's sudden test
I'll never forget the tear-joyous chorus
'Amazing grace, oh, how sweet, sweet the sound'
While rain-misted breeze sighed through trees around us
We stood with heads bowed, on farewell's holy ground
...and found in the depth of death's undisguised hour
Someone who knew our pain, through and through
Comfort and courage beyond human power
Holds/helps/heals us till we cross death's threshold too
...into the light of our Glorious Saviour
Where no tearful sorrow or parting will be
Into the triumph of hope's final favour
Where we will dwell throughout eternity
Till then, while we tend to Time's holy duty
Pray, we may discover, in this broken world
Through God, the breath-taking, unearthly Beauty
Of Joy like a banner from Heaven, unfurled
I'll never forget what changed life forever
Dear Lucy, I (we) will miss you every day
But God grants what no circumstance can sever
His grace is sufficient, come whatever may
I'll never forget, but love with intention
Those still within reach of arms, voice and prayer
While cherishing ways, too many to mention
That I (we) miss you so, till we meet 'over there'
Janet Martin
The scripture reference put on the chalkboard in Lucy's kitchen 2 years ago
still applies...
of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose.
A friend sent me this song last night.
Lucy would have loved it!
To everyone missing someone,
may it bless you today!
Brandon Heath - "Can We Go Home Now?"
To "love with intention" such a simple and yet exquisitely profound sentiment - All my love to you in the glow of Lucy - may her name be for blessing and a blessing forevermore -pearl ketover prilik
ReplyDeleteDear Pearl! Thank-you SO much for your kind words/blessing! Hugs<3
Delete