Pages

▼

Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Blessed


Last night I said to Jim I feel a bit like a marathon runner must feel
 on the home stretch, and is suddenly filled with a fresh burst of speed!

(See HERE for more pics of tomato-thon
 and these were the final round of picking after many, 
many previous baskets full)

I couldn't finish yesterday as I originally hoped,
 no matter how fast I chopped, mashed and jarred 😅



This time of year hearts overflow with thankfulness for abundant yield
from gardens and fields...



and for beauty of earth and sky

Dusk...



Dawn...






Great is the LORD and greatly to be praised;
 His greatness is unsearchable.

God thunders wondrously with His voice;
 He does great things we cannot comprehend.

For more than momentary cheer of circumstantial happiness
For more than things we see and hear that this world honors as success
For more than confidence and show of wealth's material increase
Praise God from whom all blessings flow; whose promises bring joy and peace

For more than rich yields from the earth or health and strength whereby we toil
For more than ephemeral mirth of merchandise and carnal spoil
For more than friends and family, who we are humbly thankful for
Praise God for blessings that we see and those we seek beyond Time's score  

Praise God for His word to protect from fool-ungrounded fantasies
Praise God for His word to direct with more than mortal vagaries  
He gives us all we need to know to trust faith's steadfast Cornerstone 
Praise God from whom all blessings flow like rivers coursing from His throne

....in magnificent magnitude; where wonderment and worship meld
In oft unconscious gratitude for countless favours, not withheld 
Whose everlasting love bestows goodness and mercy beyond ken
Praise God from whom all blessing flows and bears witness of Him. Amen  

Janet Martin


Isaiah 40:28
Do you not know?
 Have you not heard? 
The LORD is the everlasting God, 
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
 He will not grow tired or weary;
 His understanding is beyond searching out.

Every once in a while I love to crank up this version of




No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your pause on this porch and thank-you for your visit! Your comments are valued and appreciated!