Friday, December 4, 2020

Earth's Beauty Gladdens Me




If it wouldn't be for the beauty I wouldn't care much for Canadian winters, 
I remarked this snowy morning.


But the beauty of it wins me over every time!
And I fall for it; look-find and thinker

Oh, the whole house is swaddled with snow giving it an air of a cozy study/snug!
So I am writing instead of house-working for a bit💗


Earth’s beauty comforts me; God’s autograph run wild 
Thrills me with wonder that He is my Father; I, His child 
Where earth-and-heavens scope is but the outer fringe 
Of who He is our Living Hope and Soul’s Immortal Hinge 

Earth’s beauty delights me; where earth’s four-season fare 
Ignites a kind of poetry that ink can never snare 
Because Creator God is greater than Thought’s bound 
He fills the sky and sea and sod with worship’s holy ground 

Earth’s beauty assures me of Mercy’s Master Plan 
The Lord of nature’s majesty is not deterred by man 
And none can thwart the Hand that orders gravity 
As seasons obey the command of His Authority 

Earth’s beauty reminds me that we are not alone 
The Creator of seed's bounty cannot be overthrown 
How often unbeknownst His kindness intercedes 
Down to His footstool from His throne, He satisfies our needs 

Earth’s beauty nurtures me with feasts from love’s buffet 
Where troublesome calamity is not the final say 
Where this old careworn world is ready for rebirth 
As final prophecies unfurl beauty freed from death’s curse

Earth's beauty gladdens me; I thank God for the prize
Of full-coloured nativity and sight befitted eyes 
Earth's beauty brims with joy; God's tenderness run wild
And pure as love of baby boy in Bethlehem's Christ-child 


© Janet Martin 

Isa.66:1-2

Thus says the LORD:
“Heaven is my throne,
and the earth is my footstool;
what is the house that you would build for me,
and what is the place of my rest?
2All these things my hand has made,
and so all these things came to be,
declares the LORD.
But this is the one to whom I will look:
he who is humble and contrite in spirit
and trembles at my word.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!