Monday, November 30, 2020

The R&R of Prayer (Replenishing Relationship or Request-Result?)

Be still and know that I am God.
Psalm 46:10


sunset and moonrise happened simultaneously the other night...


This past Sunday morning our speaker challenged us 
to consider what our motive is when we pray; 
Is it result-driven or relationship-driven? 
(confession!! I was thoroughly convicted!)



In Need-Praise and Harmony




Oh God, I must confess my sin of emptiness and woe 
When Your reply frustrates my ‘I’ with 'why' or 'when' or 'no' 
Sometimes my prayer is more about results rather than You 
When I allow despair and doubt to dictate Point of View 

Help me to learn to be more still and know that You are God 
Forgive me; my interpretation of Your will is flawed 
How deceitful and wicked is my heart; You fully know 
I grasp a microscopic part of the grace You bestow

The hollows and the holes of human nature gape and plead 
Where only fellowship with God consoles our greatest need 
God, help me to be meeker in my effort to depend 
And be a humble seeker not of answers, but a Friend

Oh glorious Creator, we see but a glimpse of You
Greater than rolling sea, four-season-lea and yonder blue 
The universe is but the outer fringe of who You are
How faint the whisper that we hear, hinged to Your thund'ring pow'r

Then help me Lord, to trust in You with all my heart and mind
My understanding is confused by perception, sight-blind
Forgive me when I put stock in matters seized by my hands
Forgive me when I balk at what obedience demands 

God, you are not a God who lives in temples mortal-made
How often I forget who gives us Invisible aid 
Then teach me how to pray through so much more than words I speak
And let relationship with You be the first thing I seek
 
© Janet Martin 

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, 
and all these things shall be added to you.
Matt. 6:33





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!