Monday, November 2, 2020

A Very Relevant Reminder


The eyes of the world are on the United States of America
and the impending election.
The eyes of God are over the world.
He is sovereign!

I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save.
Psalm 146:2-3

I shared this message before the last election.
I know it's a bit long for a blog-post but
it's a sermon that seems to grow ever more, not less relevant!
Canadians are deeply concerned and connected to what happens 
'south of the border'!









the above is a sermon preached by Peter Marshall  
whose later career included;
In 1937 Marshall became pastor of the New York Avenue Presbyterian Church in Washington, DC
In 1946 he was appointed as US Senate Chaplain, 
serving from January 4, 1947 until his sudden death of a heart attack 
just over two years later, at age 46.
Click on the images to enlarge.

 It seems this message preached shortly after 
World War II is even more relevant now than then!
and not only for Americans.
This applies to all of us who value freedom!

The eyes of God are over all
The creature plots or prays
And often gets enamored by
The lie of captured gaze

Freedom's price tag is bathed in blood
The truth that sets us free
Is greater than the belly of
Fleeting mortality 

I lay a precious stone
A tested cornerstone for faith
To ever rely on

If we reject the Cornerstone
We spurn He who sustains
Lord, open up blind eyes to Truth
While mercy yet remains

The eyes of You are over all
You are Sovereign and just
Dear Lord, You see beneath flesh-shawl
Whether 'In God We Trust'
 
And as we see the Evidence
Of infidels increase
Enlarge through faith the confidence
That fills us with Your peace

© Janet Martin 

2 comments:

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!