Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Someday When Time Is Freer

 

On yesterday's post Summer Farewell I commented how 
'someday when time is freer' and
it sparked a train of thought...
On Sunday some of us lamented how work gets in the way
of soaking up an afternoon in a sauna of sunshine
(such as we were blissfully doing at that moment)
For me it was one of only a few times all summer-long😏
I was always going to but it seems the moment 
my keister hit the chair 
Duty rang 
or called 
or pleaded from the garden😘
Today's happiness includes hopes of tomato-preserving,
listening to little child's chatter and logic
 and fall decorating!
Happy First day of Fall!




Some day when time is freer and not in such high demand 
I’d like to think that I’ll recall what stirred my longing sigh 
But I have a strange sense the best of life is close at hand 
And not in some distant, idyllic, carefree by and by 

The best of life is Here and Now; for better or for worse 
The morrow waits with its buffet of brute reality 
Where all the wishing in the world is happiness’s curse 
Because we miss the moment we are in and its beauty 

Someday when time is freer will the thrill be quite as sweet 
As it is now, when we make time to take the time today 
Where we are all trapeze artists; our tight-rope is a street 
Filled with keen amateurs learning to balance work and play 

I want to make the most of thund’ring wonders close at hand 
Lest in some quiet aftermath silence cuts like a knife 
Because I cannot find The Thing that made freedom seem grand 
Because it is love’s busyness that makes a happy life 

© Janet Martin 


Psalm 39:4
"Show me, O LORD, my end and the measure of my days. 
Let me know how fleeting my life is.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!