Monday, September 21, 2020

Quest-Mark




To fault another for our faults is but to prove where true fault lies
To tally secret sacrifices is to forfeit giving’s prize
To give up before we are finished is to fail; try, try again
For we are all still works in progress; no best effort wrought in vain

Life tests the best of good intent to weigh the measure of the man
That wrestles with deep woes and wants that vex the taunts of dream and plan
To fight against all odds takes more than we can muster on our own
Where lesser gods with winks and nods pretend one true God to dethrone

To turn the other cheek is not a response that comes naturally
The one and only way we may is through utter humility
To make the most of what we have is to focus on what remains
Till choice is tendered to the grave and soul will reap its endless gains

We cannot hold a grudge and yet somehow be all that we can be
Enough to let God be the judge; He knows more than the part we see
For he beholds the heart; then let love be our daily enterprise
Lest in the quest of doing good we miss the mark and true love dies

© Janet Martin

Romans 7:21-25
So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 
For in my inner being I delight in God’s law;  but I see another law at work in me,
waging war against the law of my mind 
and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me.  
What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death?  
Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!