Thursday, September 24, 2020

Morning Prayer

 


Oh, how I love this season of mist and mellow fruitfulness...John Keats

Lead us Lord, through miles still mantled in the mists of The Unknown 
Grant Thy grace to make us thankful and Thy strength to be our own 
Whet the appetite of longing, not for plunder of this world 
But for riches of a kingdom in eternity unfurled 
Guard us from a fear of people with a rev’rent fear for Thee 
Excuses we make are feeble; fix our eyes on Calvary 
Where there is no condemnation if we repent and believe 
Lead us not into temptation where its promises deceive 
Remind us we are forgiven; not duty, but honour-bound 
As we serve the Lord of heaven and earth from time’s holy ground 
Help us to be kind and humble as we love our fellowman 
Not given to thankless grumbling, help us do the best we can 
In Jesus’ name, 
Amen 

© Janet Martin

My voice You shall hear in the morning, O LORD; 
In the morning I will direct it to You, And I will look up.
Psalm 5:3




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!