Friday, June 19, 2020

Your Common Sense...or Mine?


 If COVID-19 has revealed anything it's how very 
strongly we can disagree!
 ...granting all of us the opportunity to be a little humbler and kinder!



You say that you have common sense and I say you overreact
You think my common sense is strange; I say it is matter of fact
You tell me the right thing to do and I say absolutely NOT
You say more and I say less 
and you say no and I say yes
And we say what a noisy mess of diff’rences we’ve got

Some need to know ahead of time and some just wait and see
Some love white bread with butter; some live meat and gluten free
Variety, the spice of life can cause quite a kerfuffle
Unless we easy up a bit 
and settle down the dust of it
And sometimes just say nothing to save feathers we might ruffle

© Janet Martin


...inspired in part by some feathers strewn about the yard😏

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!