Wednesday, June 3, 2020

For Better or Worse...


 Thanking God for the privilege of being able 
to celebrate 32 years of marriage today, by His grace...
Part of what I love about Jim is his never-ending ability to make me laugh.
I think he was waiting for an anniversary post cause he just saw it and texted me this
"I look like a pylon"😂

For better or for worse; who knows what factors will unfold
To test and try the caliber of vows to have and hold
This life of highs and lows husband and wife must jointly meet
To weather together both woe and wonders bittersweet

Marriage is no band-wagon that we board and disembark
According to our whims and wants; it is till death doth part
So from the words ‘I do’ we ought to keep this thought in mind
To help us strive to be more unselfish, patient and kind

For better or for worse is not a curse or ball and chain
It is the grace of sharing both love's pleasure and its pain 
It is full of surprises after groom kisses the bride
After two become one and discover love's 'other side' 😉

Marriage is more than signatures on a certificate
Two become one and none on earth its bond can abrogate
For what the Lord has joined His Hand alone will disannul
Till death doth part is not for faint of heart or disloyal

Marriage is learning to forgive and give more than we take
It’s saying I am sorry and admitting a mistake
It’s meeting in the middle toward a mutual aim
It’s learning to adapt to change; nobody stays the same

Marriage; it takes two but is always happier with Three
Husband and wife, with God as the crowning Supremacy
Where pray, that day by day and year by year as vows are tried
Marriage reflects the love that Heaven’s Groom has for His Bride

© Janet Martin

 Sharing Jean Hersey's practical and timeless thoughts on marriage
from the book The Shape of a Year
(hope you can read it...I couldn't choose a favourite paragraph) 



Jim and I are both Don Williams fans...
choosing these today

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!