Monday, April 6, 2020

Momentous Hierarchy


 It's Monday just in case you are having trouble remembering! ugh!!
Night shattered in a myriad of masterpieces...



To stand tall we must bow
To run well we must kneel
What is past happens now
Interlaced silk and steel
Forge a momentous wheel

To live well we must die
To be strong we must break
To be rich we must try
To give more than we take
So much future at stake

To succeed is to fall
But to get right back up
Life’s bucking bronc is small
Compared to mercy’s cup
So heave-ho and hup-hup

To hold on we must reach
To let go we must trust
To learn, Someone must teach
(We never outgrow Must)
Till
Soul to God, dust to dust

© Janet Martin

Praying for true strength today...

 That is why, 
for Christ's sake, 
I delight 
in weaknesses,
 in insults, 
in hardships, 
in persecutions, 
in difficulties. 
For when I am weak,
 then I am strong.

2 Cor. 12:10



This song was my leaning post exactly half a year ago 
when we suddenly bid farewell to one of our beloved pastors
Ron Seabrooke

Author Annie Johnson Flint's Story here
who knew many 'greater burdens and added affliction'

Another hymn of hope for these dark days... 


6 comments:

  1. Well, your poetry whenever I visit astounds me. It's so alive, so rich with imagery and beauty. I always forget how beautiful when I'm not here and then it ravishes my heart as if for the first time, all over again.

    Those two songs ... top favourites since forever! We sure need them now.

    Thank you, Janet! I sure hope you're writing a book of poems so I can carry it with me to read, even in the middle of the night.

    Heart hugs,
    Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda, your comments always encourage and cheer (and help build confidence:) sometimes when I picture making a book I feel like a little boy holding a kite he just can't seem to get in the air! but I keep dreaming! somehow it is April already and I'm no closer to a book than I was when we talked at the beginning of the year! thank-you so much for your visit. I'm saving your new post till my work is done tonight. It was warm and dry enough to edge all the flowerbeds today! tonight I need to cleanup the piles of debris before the job is completely finished! I can't remember when I could get this done at the beginning of April! Such a treat (before it snows again:-/)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely that you could actually be working out in your yard. The temps are still in the minus teens overnight this week. Maybe next week it will get closer to normal temps. Thanks for stopping by the blog. Yes, we need some normal in this not-normal environment. Thank goodness we have some control over our blog posts. :) Good night! xox

      Delete
  3. Thank-you:) Unfortunately I have not had a chance to participate at Writer's Digest PAD this April. I miss it but our internet is too slow a lot of the time and so much other 'stuff' going on!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!