Wednesday, April 15, 2020

In The Valley of the Shadow...HE IS!


 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
Psalm 23:4

So many people are walking through the valley of the shadow of death
and we would surely fear evil without
God's rod and staff to comfort us!
My friend and I were chatting a bit last night about
how the mind can be an enemy if we let fear dominate...
instead, we said, isn't it a great picture to visualize, as we pray,
Light bids dark evil flee 
for prayer defeats the enemy!




In the valley of the shadow where death stalks its primal prey
Waiting to besiege the pilgrim with Dark Fear’s deceptive sway
HE IS, still mighty in power through the Author of His Name
For in Calvary’s dark hour He fought Death and overcame

In the valley of the shadow where death lurks at every turn
Like the enemy in ambush, (but already overcome)
HE IS, like a tender shepherd never forsaking His sheep
Lifting us upon His shoulder when the shadows grow too deep

In the valley of the shadow where death would its dread instill
There His rod and staff bring comfort and we do not fear evil
HE IS preparing a Table in the presence of the foe
With His goodness and His mercy Heaven’s wellspring’s overflow

In the valley of the shadow where death lies in shrouded wait
Prayers are rising like a fortress evil cannot penetrate
HE IS, WAS and ALWAYS WILL BE, He IS behind and before
And He hems us in until we dwell with Him forevermore

© Janet Martin


 You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me.
Psalm 139:5



Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.a
3He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousnessb
for his name’s sake.
4Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,c
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
5You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6Surelyd goodness and mercye shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwellf in the house of the Lord
forever.g


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!