Monday, April 13, 2020

But Always Spring...




The piqued bud brims with unleashed hymns
Wonder waits to be wowed full-well
The eager earth pulses with birth
Where stark, dark bark-chords start to swell

Nature is not an idle thought
Or at the mercy of a whim
Beneath the nod of Holy God
Its orchestra magnifies Him

…and steals our breath where it seemed death
Had sealed the boughs of green unfurled
But always spring begins to ring
The bell that wakes earth's wonder-world


© Janet Martin

With each spring that passes the more its bud enthralls me!

2 comments:

  1. So lovely! I hope you and yours celebrated a wonderful Easter! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was wonder-full. PTL! even though I missed having my family home due to social-distancing.

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!