Tuesday, March 31, 2020

The Gain of Loss

 



The pain of loss grants gain because we start to realize
That all we have God’s goodness gave; the prelude to The Prize
When we shall see His majesty then we will understand
How loss was but love’s albatross before the Promised Land

When deathless soul flies to its goal like a bird from a cage
Then we will see faith’s Mystery unfold on Heaven’s stage
The pain of loss that shaped the cross that we are called to bear
Will melt like snow when warm winds blow as we shed ev’ry care

The pain of loss carries an awesome opportunity
To lean on He who calms the sea and keens humility
for mortal mold of have and hold is but the brief prelude
That shapes and hones the steppingstones to endless gratitude

The pain of loss may vex and toss the heart with want and woe
Until we cling, through suffering to He who loves us so
And thus begin to hate the sin of selfishness and pride
And look with awe at He who saw our need and did provide


© Janet Martin

 But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ.  
 Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth 
of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. 
For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish,
 in order that I may gain Christ  and be found in him,
 not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, 
but that which comes through faith in Christ, 
the righteousness from God that depends on faith— 
Eph.3:7-9




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!