Monday, March 30, 2020

Love's Beck and Call




Tis not in vain,
Life’s grief and pain
The Unknown road we trod
If twist-and-turn
Helps us to learn
Our utter need for God

The loss we share
The cross we bear
Is worth its weight of woe
If by its mien
We learn to lean
On He who loves us so

Tis not in vain
If what we gain
Transcends man’s numbered days
As what we learn
Bids us to turn
From proud and careless ways

Pity the one
When life is done
Who did not humbly heed
Love's beck and call
That bids us all
To reckon utter need

© Janet Martin

 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. 
The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, 
who loved me and gave himself for me.
Gal.2:20


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!