Wednesday, March 4, 2020

All-day Hallelujah Hymn


...when I awake, I am still with you.

A frosty veil of lavender pastel drapes hill and dell
Morning is like a Masterpiece perched on Earth’s pedestal
How easily the best and worst of days gather and fade
Into the melting pot of dusk and memories we made
How daily we hail hope, a halo on the eastward brim
That spreads across the sky in daybreak’s hallelujah hymn

The hour starts to bare the secrets that it had concealed
And yet we never fully know what waits-to-be will yield
What whisper-wrapped surprises waft to emphasize God’s grace
And sacredness of what may often feel quite commonplace
Where even now, poised on the prow of Mercy’s endless store
Hope spills in hallelujah hymns no one has heard before

The Sacred Grail of dawn grows pale, and so new day begins
Breath-taking backdrops disappear as daybreak’s veneer thins
To thoroughfares of sorrow-cares and proof that God is good
Where happiness is nothing more than loving as we should
And joining with creation in a song that does not dim
An all-day celebration of dawn’s hallelujah hymn

© Janet Martin


What will today hold? who knows!
Yesterday the little girl I have had in my care for the past year and a half 
became a big sister!
We are so thankful for Baby's safe arrival.
This week new kiddos, routines/adjustments begin!


 Search me, God, and know my heart;
    test me and know my anxious thoughts. 
 See if there is any offensive way in me,
    and lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalm 139:23-24



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!