Tuesday, February 4, 2020

I Would Never Trade...It


Writing while waiting for rounds two and three for supper😀
 The skyline was a riveting shade of blue all day long...

Thankful for the hello that preceded dusk's farewell
Bits of doggerel to waft soft on a brooding breeze
Thankful for the day we had before its shadows fell
Thankful for the moments that we wove to memories
No it’s not often perfect but the better part is good
And I would never trade it with you even if I could

Thankful for the rooms that echo with love’s song and dance
For the times we had and have, that always end too soon
Thankful for the music-notes that loss seems to enhance
Making me more mindful of a whistling minstrel's tune
No, the 'stars' are not perfect but as time's bars flare and fade
We seem to write a melody that I would never trade

Thankful for the seasons that run through us, smooth as air
Always something new in what is old as Father Time
Thankful for the reasons that teach us to live in prayer
Thankful for the view after the hill so hard to climb
Yes, it’s far, far from perfect; precious page so soon forsook
But I would never trade it for somebody else’s book

© Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!