Monday, December 2, 2019

Gifts Beyond My Reach to Give...


There are some gifts beyond our power to give...
No matter how much we wish we could
our part is but to pray we would all seek and find!



My dear, this Christmas if I could my gift to you would be
The assurance that comes from trust in more than we can see
The peace that passes understanding in this world of woe
Or joy unspeakable grounded in grace whereby we go

I’d like if you could unwrap hope to carry in your heart
To help you cope no matter what, its priceless work of art
Would draw you like a brilliant star when life is dark and cold
To seek and follow from afar like the wise men of old

My dear, I’d find the Perfect Gift and we would call it Love
And then no matter what life brings this gift would be enough
When disappointment dashes dreams or scars you in the fight
This love would minister to you like an angel of light

My dear, this Christmas if I could I’d bring these gifts to you
And pray that they would cheer life's way with courage kind and true
But these are gifts that you must seek and never can receive
Until your faith has made you whole with two words, I believe

© Janet Martin


 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--
and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--
Ephesians 2:8

2 comments:

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!