Tuesday, December 31, 2019

A Love-Note to Ring Out The Old (and ring in the new)



 Below is the full hymn which the stanza above is from;  Something For Thee

 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, 
God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
1 John 4:12

When I ponder Thy love for me
It makes me weigh my love for Thee
And measure on the scale of choice
The worship uttered without voice

When on this trial-riddled sphere
I test the timbre of the tear
Pray that its holy grail would be
Thy love for me, my love for Thee

When Duty's rod is meek and plain
Remind me, God, tis not in vain
If task and toil's necessity
Is like a hymn of praise to thee
  
And when my time on earth is through
And there is nothing left to do
But shed this robe of hope and need
To reap the reward of faith’s seed

Lord, let this thought love’s lot console
And keep my heart fixed on the goal
Where triumph’s song will ever be
My love for thee; Thy love for me

Lord, keep my lips from speaking guile
Nor let the lust of flesh defile
But ever let my hunger be
Thy love for me, my love for Thee

© Janet Martin




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!