Monday, November 18, 2019

Before The Music Fades

PAD Challenge day 18: For today’s prompt, write a music poem. 

 I had the pleasure of hearing the K-W symphony perform this past weekend...

Here's bit of a blurry glimpse as the musicians took their places...
(obviously no cameras allowed after it begins)

Music reminds me we are all part of a great orchestra!


Arise, the day is dawning
Time does not skip a beat
The Maestro of the morning
Unfolds a music sheet
Where notes of joy and sorrow
Compose a veiled array
As the drum roll of morrow
Becomes the break of day

Come; take your place of honor
The Leader of the band
Is a Flawless Conductor
So focus on His Hand
For we hear but a section
But He who whets the dawn
Will blend into perfection
Our noise with His baton

Hark, on the dark horizon
A prelude starts to play
Pink flush frays the plush ribbon
That held earth’s stage at bay
Then, as the curtain rises
Into the firmament
Hope, in all shapes and sizes
Picks up its instrument

Ah, soul-sacred concerto
Of both ballad and dirge
While tick-tock metes the tempo
As anthems ebb and surge
Pray  that far more than Duty
Tunes blues and serenades
So we can hear the beauty
Before the music fades

© Janet Martin

 1 Chronicles 16:23
Sing to the LORD, all the earth. Proclaim His salvation day after day.


Romans 15:11
And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people.



4 comments:

  1. This is my first poem of yours that I have read, and I really like it! I love how you were able to take a concept like a band or symphony and create a much more beautiful and lively scene with it. It really helps you to appreciate the little things in life. I love it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank-you so much for your comment. and thank-you for feeling the heart of it! deeply appreciated<3

      Delete
    2. No problem! I wish I had discovered your blog sooner! It's fun to read every day, and you're poetry is amazing!

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!