Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Love's Kind Command

PAD Challenge 19: Today is our third Two-for-Tuesday prompt day. 
Pick one prompt for your poem today, or write a poem for each prompt, 
or write one poem that works with both. Today’s prompts are:
  1. Write a protagonist poem, and/or…
  2. Write an antagonist poem.

 We are wired to like to know...
God's love commands us to trust.
How can we learn to trust?
First we need to learn to listen to the still small voice,
then we need to learn to surrender our will/obey
only then will we be able to trust.



We could not but for mercy’s Hand
Face what not one of us can see
Lord, help us trust love's kind command
To all disciples, ‘follow me’

There is an enemy that lurks
And seeks to thwart and lead astray
He distracts us from righteous works
With what at first glance seems okay

Lust rules with want and taunts with fear
Unlike the Love that sets us free
And guides our step, comforts our tear
And whispers gently ‘follow me’

Then like the twelve, teach us to trust
And heed love’s call to ‘follow me’
For we can do all things we must
Through Christ who strengthens faithfully

© Janet Martin

 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
  Phil.4:13

  “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.”
Matt 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!