Thursday, October 24, 2019

Of Live-and-Learning's Page/Wage...


 I snapped this quickie-photo as I was heading out this morning...


...when I returned home the day was done!
Today was the funeral of the man from our church family
who passed away unexpectedly and I mentioned here on Monday.

 We all live in a world where none of us knows what a day, much less an hour holds!
This should surely cause us to touch down on dawn's blank page
many expressions of kindness and sympathy!

I began this poem this morning but was unable to finish it before I needed to leave...

Day dawns and splays beneath our touch the likeness of an empty page
And who knows what will spill from mortal quill where mercy sets the stage
But He who authorizes and bestows the breath and breadth of It
Grants confidence and courage as we pause and talk to Him a bit

How heartily an hour can devour seasons blink by blink
And where the page was bare it wears invisible, permanent ink
But while we earn the stars and scars of live-and-learning’s hard-fought wage
God never grants a second chance on anything but a fresh page

Now what we, once upon our youth thought we could outrun or outsmart
Pays homage to the age-old truth that mellows our mind and heart
And fills us with meek gratitude, and attitudes of sympathy
For we, kinda like family, all face what only God can see

Day dawns and splays beneath our touch what live-laugh-love will soon estrange
The platform for our such-and-such is subject to plan’s sudden change
Where we could all be terrified by What If’s wild-flung avenue
Without God’s promise verified; ‘My peace I leave and give to You’

© Janet Martin


 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives. 
Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
John 14:27






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!