Saturday, October 19, 2019

It's True...


 "I am the vine; you are the branches.
 If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; 
apart from me you can do nothing.
John 15:5

It’s true; we could be crushed by the weight of dread and despair
We could be victimized by mind-games hindering meek prayer
We could fall captive to the enemy of happiness
And believe the deceiver who is cold and pitiless

It’s true; sometimes the more we try the more we seem to fail
Futile, the sentimental sigh, where hurried moments hail
From all that lies behind us to all that is waiting still
Where we could let fear bind and blind us or let faith fulfill

It’s true; that He will fit us for whatever He will ask
That His grace is sufficient for the trial, test or task
It’s true, though hope and heartache intricately intertwine
These simply form the branches that are clinging to The Vine

© Janet Martin

I attended a ladies event at church today where the theme was;
Who am I?
And the answer hopefully is 'that we let I AM define who I am'
We were both encouraged and challenged to seek and trust/believe God,
especially when we feel we can't do what He is asking of us.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!