Saturday, August 17, 2019

To Do Or Not To Do...


  We can not truly qualify 
until we feel unqualified




The mastermind of weak excuse
Can always find fine reasons to
Think someone else could better fill
The shoes needed to walk uphill

…and as far as that other task
Surely there’s someone else to ask
Rather than bother 'poor old me'
Not eloquent as he or she

Ah, surely God can understand
Why I decline to lend a hand
Or take a flying leap of trust
Because I hate the taste of dust

Don’t think too ill of me, I plead
If I’m not fit to fill this need
Forgive me if I seem to prove
A lack of faith, goodness or love

I never was as fit as they
Who seem equipped for come-what-may
So please, choose one more qualified
I hate the sting of injured pride

Then deep within I hear a voice
Child, I am not pleased with your choice
For only when you yield your heart
Can I become the greater part

Unless you swallow fear and pride
You will remain unqualified
Until you recognize your need
My grace can never intercede

© Janet Martin

It's hard to choose only a few verses out of such a great story as that of Moses!
Ex.4:10-13
 (click the link for the whole passage!)
  Moses said to the Lord, “Pardon your servant, Lord. I have never been eloquent, 
neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant.
 I am slow of speech and tongue.”

 The Lord said to him, “Who gave human beings their mouths? 
Who makes them deaf or mute? 
Who gives them sight or makes them blind? 
Is it not I, the Lord?  
 Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say.”
 But Moses said, “Pardon your servant, Lord. Please send someone else.”...

2 comments:

  1. We recently had a teaching series at our church on the first disciples entitled "Unqualified." It was so good and, yes, we are all unqualified, but He chooses us! Wise poem, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank-you...written under conviction:-/! and then today's devotion was SO timely as well.

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!