Thursday, August 15, 2019

Secret to Joy


  I prayed for strength... 
He gave me joy



The joy of the Lord is my strength. 
Neh.8:10

There’s a sacred joy in living when we learn to find kind worth
In each day that we are given by God of Heaven and earth
When we start to serve the Master with a more determined quest
Then the heart is filled with honour and the urge to give our best

…and the task that may seem common to the seeker of ‘success’
Is not the defining factor when it comes to happiness
…and the stumbles and the tumbles and the messes that man makes
Do not seem quite as defeating as we learn from our mistakes

…as we hear the Higher Calling in whatever lot we bear
Then we start to learn the secret of a joy beyond compare
As we prize the priceless treasure of God’s grace whereby man goes
We begin to taste the measure of joy only He bestows


© Janet Martin


2 comments:

  1. "I prayed for strength...
    He gave me joy"

    Janet, I have to tell you this line is most profound in light of scripture. It hit me in such a way that I have been thinking on it since I read it when you posted it a couple days ago! And the poem is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank-you Jen. It hit me one day as I thanked Him for strength for the day, but then thought of those whose physical strength is hindered and how His strength is His joy! Thank-you for sharing your thoughts!

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!