Saturday, August 17, 2019

Poet's Whether/Weather Dilemma


Isn’t it terrible?!
I just said to myself, ‘Rats, the sun is shining’!
Why did I think that?
Because when it’s raining as it was earlier
I can write without being torn between two worlds!




Torn between green grass beneath my bare feet
Or words falling from fingertips
Torn between tasting the sun, warm and sweet
Or whisper of words on my lips
Torn between wind-song that washes aloft
Teasing the tree’s hoisted sails
Or Want still, supple, unshapen and soft
That only a poem unveils
Torn between taking the face of a flow’r
Between my hands to admire
Or turning my mind from the march of an hour
Intent on the vent of desire
Torn between inhaling rain-freshened air
Pouring an ‘all you can drink’
Or sitting stock-still on the edge of my chair
Imbibed by the meter of ink

© Janet Martin

 

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Well, maybe you can have a little bit of both? This is a beautiful poem! - Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...like, writing outside, right?!;-))

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!