Monday, August 26, 2019

My Thank-you Thought


A store-worker said to me this morning "you are a lucky lady!' 
as she oohed and awed over grand-daughter and son!
So much to be thankful for, for sure!
...so thank YOU! whoever you are for being part of my life's blessings!
(even if we ever only meet here!)
this poem is for all of you in a sense, 
who I've been blessed to call family or friend!



In push and pull
And rush and lull
In ebb and flow
Of dark to light
In have and hold
In brave and bold
Or fearful, bashful
May or might

In hope and pray
Sunshine or gray
skies; work or play
In high or low
Hello,good-bye
Oh no, oh my
In hold you tight
Or let you go

In wishful want
In tug and taunt
Of seasons
As they slip to naught
In wake or sleep
In give or keep
Darling, you are
My thank-you thought

© Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!