Monday, August 19, 2019

Hitting Reset...

After spending half an hour with an internet technician all is up and running again,
after, on Saturday evening I hit the reset button on the bottom of the router 
after thinking this would fix the wifi problems, 
not erase EVERYTHING including the internet connection...
and this is the least of my recent 'fumbles'😕



We could be crushed, defeated, lost; the cost of love is hard
A tidal wave of dark despair could roll through heart and soul
The way we ought to pray is oft pride and prejudice-marred
We could be tempted to believe untruths that take their toll
We could be ill-equipped to forgive others as we must
And we could/would hate the sting and smart of love’s chastening rod
And we would be a stumbling block; a mockery of trust
Without humble awareness of the daily grace of God

© Janet Martin

Yesterday, (not on purpose) I betrayed a family-member’s confidence
and they were very disappointed in me and I feel terrible!
This was on top of a few other failure-flavoured fumbles
that sit a-top the regular weight of worry love
that wears a mother/wife’s knees thin…
So what is this fumbler-stumbler to do?
…other than consider Love’s/God’s kind mercies,
His grace and patience,
None of which I deserve,
And carry on

 And be kind to one another, 
tenderhearted, forgiving one another, 
even as God in Christ forgave you.
Eph.4:32

2 comments:

  1. Oh how we stumble and fumble...hugs...forgiveness is definitely the only way to walk successfully in this world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt tenderly forgiven when they realized just how terrible I felt! Peace reigns (at the moment:) in the Martin household! ;-) We generally learn something through these fumbles, like it or not!

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!