Monday, August 12, 2019

Happiness Worth Living





Oh God, what hidden splendour
Presses against the gates
Where in buds of surrender
Full bloom of blessing waits

The heart is like a bower
That cannot bloom until
We submit to the Power
Of the Creator’s will

Then when Heart yields its hardness
The bud begins to brim
Unfolding from the darkness
The glorious Light of Him

Where what we thought we wanted
Falls like a withered leaf
After the seed God planted
(or, after the will God granted)
Surrenders to its Chief

…and finds within love’s giving
Life’s beauty, sweet and kind
Where happiness worth living
Keeps others first in mind

© Janet Martin

 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, 
I am only a ringing gong or a clanging cymbal.
 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, 
and if I have absolute faith so as to move mountains, 
but have not love, I am nothing.
If I give all I possess to the poor and exult in the surrender of my body, 
  but have not love, I gain nothing. 
1 Cor.13:1-3



Do nothing out of selfish ambition or empty pride, 
but in humility consider others more important than yourselves.
Each of you should look not only to your own interests,
 but also to the interests of others. 
Phil. 2:3-4 

I know I shared this song recently but in my own life /love
it bears replaying/repeating!



1 comment:

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!