Saturday, August 31, 2019

Dearest August...a farewell letter


 MAN! You write a lot of August poetry! commented hubby one day.
Something about August builds up in me and I can only release it in a poem, I laughed.
It's true! There is no other month that affects me like August!
So, while  it goes without saying I will say it anyway. "I'll miss you, August!"

a few farewell frames...







We were destined to part, tis true
From the first day we met
Dear, you fulfilled your gold and blue
That we’ve come to expect

You wowed us with sights, scents and sounds
Always your days amazed
Where summer-hunger without bounds
Tuned hearts with  'God, be praised '

You made us feel completely glad
To be right here, right now
Yet, even with the dance we had
It feels too short somehow

Your cricket-chant and flower-font
Keened keepsake-poetry
I never tired of the want
To pen you perfectly

Allowing me permission thus
To zoom the lens of thought
To capture frames of you and us
Giving you all we’ve got

Because we sensed the Hand of change
Soft-strumming tasseled stem
Wakening cool winds that estrange
You from us once again

…and so we sip your sweet sunshine
With slow intimacy
As we revel in ev’ry line
Of August poetry


 © Janet Martin



2 comments:

  1. He is right! I literally had a few of your poems saved to comment on- they’ve all really resonated with me- gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 thank-you Trish. I was contemplating why August is different but I think for July we know there is still August to follow with more summer but September brings so many changes plus fall!

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!