Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Because Actions Speak Louder Than Words...


Spending time with those we love is one of life's greatest gifts!
(grandson is so pleased as he receives permission to blow Grandpa's candles)





If you say that love me
Yet never look my way
Or hold my hand or lend an ear
To what I have to say

…if you say that you love me
But balk if I should ask
For you to change your plans a bit
And help me with some task

If you say that you love me
Just once a week or less
By sitting at my table
Dressed up in your polished best

…if you say that you love me
But never choose to spend
An extra hour hanging out
Because I’m your best friend

If you say that you love me
But my love-letters lie
Forgotten, undesired
As life's days and years rush by
  
If you say that you love me
...and vow it verily
Why is it that you spare so
Little time to be with me

Love, God

© Janet Martin

Ephesians 2:4-5  
But God, being rich in mercy, 
because of the great love with which he loved us,
 even when we were dead in our trespasses, 
made us alive together with Christ— 
by grace you have been saved.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!