Saturday, May 11, 2019

Mother-to-Mother...


 When hubby asks me what we talked about (on those rare occasions when moms go out)
more often than not I reply 'mostly mom-stuff'

I wondered what took Victoria so long to fuel up the Journey...
until she walked in with "Happy Early Mother's Day!"


Though we may not have met, as yet
We understand each other
Because we share love’s kindred care
When we become a mother

… for motherhood, so dear and good
Will fix within our bearing
A strange alloy of grief and joy
Born out of deepest caring

Where mother’s love will rise above
The circumstance and reason
Her prayers-tears-smiles fill whiles and miles
Without reserve or season

Who can explain love’s purest pain
When we become a mother
Its charge bestows high-fives and blows
Quite unlike any other

This humbling, fumbling, stumbling Best
This heart-string-honing tether
This lifelong faith-trust-hope-strength test
Binds all mothers together

For motherhood, so dear and good
Oft startles and confounds us
So, mother-to-mother, we need each other
To be God’s arms around us

© Janet Martin



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank-you Sasha! and Happy Mother's Day to you even if it is officially a day late!Thank-you for being part of God's arms around me! Your prayers and words of encouragement over the years are a precious gift in my life!

      Delete
    2. Oh, thank you Janet, just saw this :) I value our "distance friendship" a lot.

      Delete
    3. you're welcome. I totally understand the 'missing things'. Love keeps life busy!

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!