Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Poetic Peregrination...

PAD Challenge day 25: For today’s prompt, pick an intriguing and/or seldom-used word, make it the title of your poem, and then, write your poem. 

Be Careful what you pray for. 
It might just lead you on a poetic peregrination
 
( Re-sharing to new readers what I shared almost four years ago on Nov. 12, 2014)
 ...in case you wonder  'does she suffer from a case of poetic insanity?!'
here is my permission slip😉

I really felt a need to know if writing poetry was Time well spent 
and was it really what God  wanted of me or simply something I chose.
On my knees I begged God to please, please
 somehow, reveal His will/blessing regarding this!
After praying and deciding to wait to write again until I sensed His 'yes'
 I picked up a book on my night-table, purchased the week before at a Thrift Store;
a compilation of poetry and prose by many authors.
I flipped through wondering where to start so I chose The Preface (not something I normally did)
This was the first line I read; it felt like God stood in the room holding the book open to this page!!!
 Here is the full page...(click on image to enlarge)
 ...so then and there I vowed to be faithful to The Call for as long as He provides 'ink for the quill'
There are evenings when I am CERTAIN the well is parched
but then He flings out a fresh misty-marmalade morning full of 
...poetry waiting to be written! 
By the grace of God for His Glory, (some days better than others)
 hopefully we all go with this in mind...
 If anyone speaks, he should speak as one conveying the words of God.
 If anyone serves, he should serve with the strength God supplies, 
so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, 
to whom be the glory and the power forever and ever. 
Amen.…
1 Pet.4:10-11 

Permission thus, to all of us
To give the Best We Can
Not to glorify Self
But to serve God
and fellowman

Permission to enjoy the view
Be it in sun or shade
One thing we have in common
is this day

Each high and low of 'yes' and 'no'
in Erst-while's entourage
Is but the grace whereby
you-I 
commit to His 'Because'

The Giver of our live-laugh-love
In due season will ask
If, with the gifts He granted,
Were we
Faithful to the task?  

Janet Martin~

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes - never doubt you are meant to write poetry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank-you Trish! I cannot tell you how much I enjoy your writing!

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!