Monday, October 3, 2016

Today Again





Already we are moving toward the morn of the morrow
Night is a barge formed of starlight and dreams
We do not forage fantasy for sorrow
But are always looking for something better, it seems

Sometimes I see you when no one is looking
We are not older, love, only our clothes
Did you perchance think that I have forgotten?
…hearts cannot order what stays and what goes

Past that carmine-colored skyline, quite gaudy
Midnight is skulking and then closes in
Sometimes its nearness feels almost like a body
And almost I feel your far touch on my skin

Memory is heavy with drifting, my darling
You are not nearer now than you were then
Tomorrow never steps over dusk’s mooring
Midnight will change it to Today again

© Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!