Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Yet...





You cannot understand
Because you have not been here
Yet

Thus, I cannot share with you all
That I would
If I could

But if Time tarries
And you marry
Then you will come to know

What now you cannot understand
Because you are single, young...er
And I am married, old...ish

©...your mum
aka Janet Martin



We share a lot of laughs, my girls and I,
but every now and then I must laugh alone
because they cannot understand...
yet.
(Although Emily (married 21/2 yrs.) is beginning to understand)

Such was the case when I read this poem on YDP today...


7 comments:

  1. Lovely daughters, lovely sweetly funny poems - the Jeanie Greensfelder poem reminded me of a recent read, The Sound of a Tree Falling by Hal Sirowitz. A sense of humour is the true zest of married life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. with a sense of humor we can bear much! I often think of a line in an old George Strait song...'I don't mind the thought of growin' old, I just don't want to lose my sense of humor...'
      I will check out the poem By Hal S. as well. thank-you:)

      Delete
  2. Too funny:)) What a dance...
    Your posts don't seem to pop up on my dash board like they used to...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my posts don't come up on my dashboard either or anywhere else most likely...yours have not shown up for a long time and there are more that don't. I don't know what's going on. All of a sudden in the middle of the night a whole bunch will show up on my dashboard at once. It's hard to keep up with new posts when that happens.

      Delete
  3. I know, very strange...
    Had to read the toast poem to Les:) I love how in the bio it says sorrowful joys and joyful sorrows....sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol. Ahh...yes...one day they'll understand! And what beautiful gals you all are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank-you. Yes, They will. Slowly all the answers they have for life right now will dwindle and they will be 'one of us' too;-))

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!