Sunday, April 10, 2016

Glad

PAD Challenge day 10: For today’s prompt, pick an emotion, make it the title of your poem,

Jordan Spieth, Masters

Someday, I sighed to Victoria yesterday,as we watched the shadows lengthen at the Masters in Augusta Georgia, we too will have long, blue shadows on green, green grass...


Glad, glad that bad days pass
And in time's hourglass
The tide that brings
Those 'why-shaped' things
Holds laughter-dappled grass

After life-storms relent
And its havoc is spent
Glad, glad bad days 
Become the haze
Beneath blue skies sun-rent

Glad, glad when we are sad
And wish for what we had
That in the flask
Of Mercy's task
Wait new ways to be glad

 © Janet Martin


For you make me glad by your deeds, LORD; 
I sing for joy at what your hands have done.
Ps.92:4




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!