Saturday, January 2, 2016

Already...to the second day of 2016...





Already the date that cut the cord
To 2016, at midnight’s gong
Has joined those ranks ‘of former things’
And sealed its signature in song

Already the steady wedding of hours
Has claimed to Bygone’s misted courts
The grinning firstborn of New Year
That midnight both births and aborts

Already we sense the changeless change
Time exhales in spite of intent
To rearrange our habits, oh,
Already the day is sorrow-rent

…and bent with human-nature’s ways
Already we sense a falling apart
That would prevail, save for God’s grace
To wounds bleeding deep in the heart

© Janet Martin

Isa. 42:8-9
 "I am the LORD, that is My name; I will not give My glory to another, Nor My praise to graven images. "Behold, the former things have come to pass, 
Now I declare new things;...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!